Thursday, January 22, 2009

Moving On....

Ok...maybe a broken heart isn't the best graphic to be using here but it kinda fits I guess. So, for those of you who don't know, I was dating a guy for a couple weeks, right before Christmas until kinda recently. Well, it has ended. It was kinda a mutual thing. He kept saying to me that he wasn't good enough for me. I guess he was kinda right. First, he was young, really young, 24. Remember I am 29. He is sorta in a stagnant stage in his life. He never went to college and works in his dad's restaurant. Now, the guy that I date DOES NOT need to have a degree, but he does need to have ambition, and this guy didn't. I mean, he told me he wanted to do something with his life because he wasn't happy with his current state, BUT every suggestion I made or every time we talked about it, there was nothing. He rejected every idea I had, and basically said he was too lazy to want to do a lot of those things. That sorta sent up the red flags. I don't know if this stuff really makes sense.

I feel really bad because I liked him a lot, he is a really great guy. I hope that after things settle down a bit, and the emotion kinda fades away, we will be able to be friendly as we may run into each other around town. I am so thankful for good friends. Two of my closest friends said the same thing, that I need a MAN. Someone who is in a place in his life that he can take care of himself and me, now I am not saying I need a man to take care of me. Instead, he should be in a place in his life where he can. They are right.

The quarter is going well. I am really enjoying my classes. I am taking a women's studies course about the intersections of gender, race, and class in light of the 2008 election. Really great! I am also taking 2 required courses, which I am finding really interesting and learning a lot. I feel like I am really starting to be a PhD student, which is pretty exciting. :) Well, that's it for now. Hopefully it won't be so long between postings.

No comments: