Monday, January 12, 2009

Back again


Well, the quarter has started again and I am back to working my butt off. Only this quarter, I am working it off both figuratively and literally.

Classes have started up. This quarter I am only taking 3 classes. It is such a relief. I have 2 classes on Tuesday, a women's studies course, and my MESE course on curriculum. On Wednesday nights I have my T&L core course. I am really excited about all three classes. They seem like really great classes and the work seems manageable, a lot, but manageable. I am also supervising again this quarter. Although we have more visits than last quarter, I have 6 students instead of 7. They seem like really great kids as well. They are all smart, dilligent workers.

I have also been keeping up wtih going to the gym. Since I have been back in Columbus (December 26) I've lost about 4 lbs. It's so great. I don't really see a difference but my friend says she does, so that's pretty cool. I've mainly been doing cardio. I either use an elliptical, cross trainer, walk on the treadmill or walk on the track. Today, actually, I am going to go to water aerobics for the first time. I am really nervous about it. My friend and I are going to go walking on the track for about half an hour and then go to the class.

In addition, I have been working on my eating too. I am trying to get my breakfasts and my lunches under control that way I can kinda enjoy dinner. I've become somewhat predictable. Lunch is a turkey sandwhich. :) I have also been drinking more....water....trying to cut all soda out of my diet. I've also been using salad as a filler. If I am hungry, I go for a salad. My goal, by the end of February is to be down 10 lbs total. By the end of April down 20 total, and so on. If you have any tips, pointers, recipes or ideas on how to keep this up, please let me know.

I would like to do another shameless plug for Big Fat Greek Kuzina. It is the most amazing restuaruant in all Columbus. The food is phenomenal, the portions are HUGE and the service is great too. If I wasn't a broke college student, I would go there every day, maybe even twice! If you are in or visiting the Columbus area you gotta check out this place.

No comments: